Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Keith Loutit - small films of Sydney

I enjoy reading Charlie Parker's blog "Lines & Colors" & was very interested by his post this week on “Tilt-shift photography”. In short, the technique produces photographs which give the impression that real life scenes are photos of miniatures. Click here for Charlies article

Following through a trail of links, I found Keith Loutit who is a Sydney based photographer. Keith uses the tilt shift technique in combination with time lapse to create the "miniature" effect in small films. I find this one of Sydney "The North Wind Blew South" fascinating & is a new way of seeing a city I have lived in for 40 odd years. I wonder if the technique will work in paint?


The North Wind Blew South from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.

Visit Keith's website to see more of his films & photographs.

The Sydney Morning Herald October 2008 article on his work "Miniature Sydney in the making"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice work :)